- Singles only
- No doubles play, with an exception for partners from the same household. This is on account of the dynamic nature of doubles play where a 2m distance is unlikely to be maintained throughout the activity.
- No competition / matches – Casual play only
- Risk assessment prepared by the coach and to be reviewed and approved by the club.
- Adults: Pods of 4 players per indoor court, staying in their section of the court.
- Children under 18: Pods of 4 players per indoor court, staying in their section of the court.
- Any demonstration of equipment or technique should ensure that a minimum of 2m social distancing is maintained.
- Individual equipment should not be shared.
- In the case of fixed equipment, cleaning of such equipment must be completed immediately after demonstration and before the individual participant uses.
- There should be no hands-on adjustments or physical contact during training sessions.
- Coaches and trainers are asked to refer to the HSE guidance on wearing of face coverings, which is available at https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/face-coverings-masks-and-covid-19/when-to-wear.html
Other measures to ensure safety of participants
- Minimise touch points – entrance open where possible, courtside furniture removed
- Staggered start and finish times combined with appropriate entry, exit and traffic management protocols to limit the interaction of participants at any one time, particularly at entrances /exits to courts.
- Pre-booking of activity is essential.
- All players, and not just the player making the booking, should be included in the booking.
- Players should arrive at the court entrance no more than 5 minutes prior to the reserved playing time.
- Possible reduction in the overall duration of the activity.
- Promotion of social distancing at all times.
- Participants should arrive ready to train and leave immediately (no changing room or shower use).
- Additional signage, hand sanitization stations and deep cleaning implemented.
- No equipment sharing in any circumstances.
- Activity should take place in a predefined area which is visually marked out and directionally signed.
- The space required in this area should reflect the nature and intensity of the activity
Any club or group that is not in a position to apply these measures or enforce them should not reopen their indoor courts.